Wednesday, July 21, 2010

How it got started...



I've always wanted to do a detailed scrappy sampler quilt. My Mother-in-law gave me the perfect opportunity! She showed me a book called "Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt" which contains instructions for 111 6" blocks. I am a member of a online quilting community on the Quilting Board and they are starting a Farmer's Wife Quilt group, in which we all will work on a certain amount of blocks each week. My mother-in-law is participating even though she's not part of the board (yet). She ordered the book so I can do this too and I'm very excited. So much so that I made the first block already!
Called Attic Window...
I hand pieced this block and it's the first time I hand pieced. So far I like it. I'm going to try and paper piece some of the blocks, hand piece others and machine piece some as well. I've never paper pieced but with the help of my Mother-in-law <3 I think it'll be easy peasy!

My main purpose of writing this particular blog is for my own personal account of making this quilt. I'm hoping I stick to updating and I'm hoping it'll serve as motivation to keep going on this quilt. ( I tend to start quilts, get as far as getting the top done, then not touching them again for a while. I've only completed one quilt, a wall hanging for my mom... )

So I'm off to print more templates and put my block patterns together! Until next time...happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment